Starting Tuesday, June 25:
Upon logging into GuildÂ WarsÂ 2, youâ€™ll receive a mail from Lionguard Inspector Ellen Kiel notifying you that youâ€™ve been deputized to pursue the sky pirates known as the Aetherblades. Heralds at major cities will help guide you as well.
Aetherblade Retreat Story Dungeon
- The Aetherblade Retreat is available to players of all levels. The entrance to this story dungeon has been discovered in Lionâ€™s Arch near the Diverse Ledges. Head there and up the ramp next to the waterfall. A nearby Lionguard will point you towards a secret entrance hidden by a holographic rock face behind the waterfall. Form a party of five and enter the dungeon, which starts in an underground passage.
- Swim underwater and avoid mines to reach Inspector Kiel, who will follow you through the dungeon.
- Defeating the initial group of Aetherblades in Scoundrelâ€™s Hovel will open up the door to the underground crevasse beyond.
- Time your run through the electrified gates to reach the controls, which youâ€™ll need to interact with to turn off. Follow catwalks up to where Aetherblades are dancing with a hologram. Defeating them will open the exit to the beach below, the start of The Wretched Walk.
- Defeat the Aetherblades guarding the door thatâ€™s flanked by two shielded cannons on overhead ledges. Avoid the cannon barrage, defeat the Aetherblade waves, and push through the doors to circle back to defeat the cannons.
- When you arrive at Frizzâ€™s lab, Kleptotronic Advanced Designs, Kiel will use the console to let you in.
- Initially, Frizz will attack with his Aetherblades.
- Once heâ€™s weakened, Frizz will summon a golem and a short electrified wall will rotate around the room. The golem will be buffed if the wall passes over it. Climb crates in the room to get high enough to jump over the wall.
- Defeating the golem will bring out two more and a tall wall that cannot be jumped over.
- The final stage has two golems and both short and tall walls rotating at different speeds.
- Follow the asura tunnel to a beach swarming with Aetherblades. Beyond are long rope bridges spanning the raging sea below. Time your trip across the rope bridges to avoid lightning strikes. Defeat the pirates waiting at the middle isle and continue across the second bridge.
- Upon entering the next room, look to your right to find a console to turn off the lightning strikes. Laying waste to the Aetherblades here will open the exit to a final rope bridge. Be sure to check the back room for an Aetherblade Cache.
- The next area, Deceitâ€™s Climb, has a more Inquest influence. Battle up the passage to a room with jump pads. Use these to ascend to the top. Youâ€™ll need to open the door for Kiel to get around; then sheâ€™ll use the console to give you access to Rogueâ€™s Landing and the end boss battle with the Aetherblade Captain Mai Trin and her First Mate Horrik.
- Weâ€™ll let you discover the specifics of the final encounter yourselves, but if youâ€™ve been paying attention to mechanics used throughout the dungeon, you should find yourself equal to the task. Beware, though â€“ Mai Trinâ€™s deadly rapier and Horrikâ€™s brutal cannon combine to pose quite the challenge!
- If you defeat Mai and Horrik quickly, youâ€™ll have a chance to disable the escaping airship for an extra achievement.