The warrior is a master of weapons who relies on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. A warrior can shrug off blow after blow to stay in the fight, all the while building up adrenaline to fuel his offense.
Adrenaline makes the warrior more powerful, increasing his damage output with every attack while powering up his burst skill. Each weapon set has a single designated burst skill which a warrior can trigger by spending all his built-up adrenaline to unleash a powerful attack. The warrior can use his burst skill at any time, but the more adrenaline stages he has filled, the more devastating his attack will be. Some burst skills apply more and varying conditions while others simply do more damage.
Each weapon serves a different role, allowing the warrior to customize his play style. Warriors can compliment main hand weapons like swords and maces with a shield, warhorn or dual wielded weapon, but their role is still mostly defined by the main or two-handed weapon.
A SWORD warrior is quick and mobile; he bleeds his enemies as he bounces between them with a Savage Leap.
An AXE warrior quickly builds up his adrenaline and can deliver powerful spike attacks.
A HAMMER warrior pounds his foes and the ground with area attacks that stagger groups of enemies.
A warrior with a MACE disrupts his enemies with powerful stunning attacks, and hits them where it hurts leaving them susceptible to further blows.
A warrior with a GREATSWORD uses his momentum to deliver sweeping area effect damage attacks while gliding around the battlefield.
Warriors with a LONGBOW light their arrows on fire to inflict area-of-effect damage.
The RIFLE is a single-target ranged weapon that a warrior can use to pull monsters or finish off a fleeing foe.
Warriors have a number of special skill types:
- Stancesâ€”These are toggle skills that let you turn on an enhancement at the cost of energy regeneration. For example, a warrior could hit Berserker’s Stance which drains his energy, but gives him adrenaline regeneration. You can easily toggle off Berserker’s Stance and send the skill into recharge.
- Chainsâ€”A set of three skills that share a single skill slot, chains go off in sequence if you are hitting your target. For example, the sword chain skills Sever Artery, Gash, and Final Thrust are all on the same key, so rather than making a sword warrior spend three slots, they stack to fill only one slot. Chains effectively give a warrior two extra weapon skills on a weapon set.
- Bannersâ€”The warrior calls down banners to buff his allies with attack power. A banner can be picked up and carried around to move the buff, or it can be planted in an area to convey the buff, allowing the warrior to continue fighting. One example is Banner of Courage, which increases the melee damage of allies within its range.
- Shoutsâ€”Shouts are skills that affect a large area and give bonuses to allies or debuff enemies. A warrior could use the shout On My Mark to lower an enemy’s armor and call a target out to allied party members.
- Charge Skillsâ€”Some skills can be held down to power them up for more impressive attacks. A warrior with a mace can wind up the powerful skill Obliterate and release it at four different power levels to do increasing amounts of damage.