The Berserker is geared towards getting inside the heat of combat, with many of their skills requiring killing or getting hit lately. These bonuses include things like harm, life leech, and warcry enhancements. Additionally they have access to Rage. The more Rage built up, the much more harm and speed bonuses they get, but additionally the additional damage as time passes the take. This class aims for attack-oriented character builds.
[PoeE 3.3 Builds] 15c BF BoR Champion/Zerker- Shaper/Guardians/Red Elder & Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri
The build is fine on Berserker. I was waiting for the patch notes to let you all know if its dead or not as it relies mostly on Bloodseeker still having insta-leech and less on anything else. Given that it’s still alive, everyone can proceed to give it a shot. I do imagine shaped items will be much a lot more expensive now since everybody knows how powerful they are. I would go with Relentless Fury as a stat-stick for clearing and Death’s Hand when you can afford it (should be like 1c within a couple of days of the league).
Upgrade to a shaper stat-stick when you can and if you can’t sustain both Blood Rage and Crave the Slaughter, get rid of blood rage. You don’t really need frenzy charges for clearing and for bosses you have frenzy anyways. Ascendancy points remain the same.
Offensively we acquire just under 100k DPS with the exact same setup.
– We have 100% chance to hit and the build becomes cheaper as you don’t need to worry about accuracy on gear at all.
– Enemies are permanently intimidated by 10% more harm
– Enemies are permanently taunted for another 20% a lot more damage.
– We always have adrenaline up because as you are all well aware, we hit low life pretty darn often. That’s another 100% increased damage and 25% increased attack speed.
– We always have fortify up already from whirling blades, so we get from that an extra 1000 evasion and armor as well as stun immunity so we can go for the reduced reflected harm Pantheon instead. (also adds some harm)
– Adrenaline gives us 10% additional physical damage reduction
– Regenerate 2% life per second since we permanently taunt
– 6% reduced global damage taken since we permanently taunt.
We still leech 31k life/second and I tried testing if that’s enough by removing ascendancy nodes entirely from my far more expensive setup which brought me to a lower overall dps than the champion build and lower life leech. I tested Shaper like that and I killed him deathless while testing stuff like face-tanking his beam so I do think our life leech is extra than enough without berserker. This is the only reason I’m not making the full recommendation to switch over though since I won’t know for sure if it’s enough until I play through with the full ascendancy. But I think it’ll be fine and I’ll update when I know for sure.
PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/XzasAUR8
Skill Tree: http://www.poeurl.com/bNuF
Example Link: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050203